Monday, August 27, 2012

Red: Mushroom







what is the difference between a toad stool and a mushroom. When I was little, my grand dad said, a mushroom is plain looking and OK to eat, a toad stool is colourful but deadly.
The term "toadstool" was often, but not exclusively, applied to poisonous mushrooms or to those that have the classic umbrella-like cap-and-stem form. 

During my recent trip to Singapore, I forgot I was in Singapore and went for long walks, and I saw these mushroom/toadstool.
 I was so hot that I wanted to faint. I don't think it was due to touching the toadstools. My maternal grandma would say," Silly girl."

http://rubytuesday2.blogspot.co.nz




9 comments:

Liza said...

Pretty mushrooms.

Red Hibiscus

Jama said...

This is the first time I'm seeing such pretty striking red mushroom!

chubskulit said...

My first time as well, so pretty.

Visiting from Ruby Tuesday.
My RUBY post
Rose

maria said...

First time I've seen a red mushroom. It's pretty. Happy RT2.

Mine's here.

Lina Gustina said...

Like others, I've never seen red mushroom before!


http://www.womenandperspectives.com/2012/08/red-bell-guava.html

w0rkingAth0mE said...

Wow, so there is red mushroom its cute, visiting via
RT2

LV said...

We got a little rain about a month ago, and big white mushrooms popped up in my yard. Nothing as colorful as yours.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

That is exactly what I thought when I seen it in your hand. Why is she touching it!!! But how pretty! I always been told if you are not an expert, just don't touch. Maybe that is too protective of me, but I am glad you are alright, and at least for to enjoy their beauty.

Ann said...

Hi Susie, I did not think!!!! I just thought if I don't eat it, I will be fine. Rather silly of me, because I will post another rather horrifying tale.