Tuesday, December 19, 2017

food parcels.

Thousands have been lining up outside the Auckland City Mission as the lead-up to Christmas puts the pinch on people's wallets.
Nearly 2700 people have queued up for emergency food parcels and gifts in the past two weeks, and 80 per cent of those are women, missioner Chris Farrelly says.

every year, organizations like City mission, Salvation army collect goodies to make food parcels for the poor. Last week, there was an announcement telling people not to donate chick peas ans tomatoes. The radio DJ didn't think very kindly to this.  He mentioned the phrase beggars can't be choosers.  they say the recipient didn't know how to cook these. I am not surprised about chick peas, but tin tomatoes, they can always make tomato soup or spaghetti Bolognese.

I once helped in the soup kitchen of City Mission.

Image may contain: food

Image may contain: food

1 comment:

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!