Friday, December 31, 2010

Macroflowers:Costus spicatus in Singapore







I have joined this meme for a while now, and I am loving it. First I love flowers. Second, the badge for this meme is the North Borneo Orchid.

Join Macro Flowers Saturday, a photo meme for macro photos and close-ups of flowers, garden flowers, wildflowers, blossoms, flowers with insects and butterflies (no insects without flowers), flowers with raindrops and whatever beautiful plants, plant seeds or berries you have, in close-up.

First time visitors, please read the rules. They are simple but I do ask that you, please, use a MFS badge or link back to MFS in some way. Thank you.

Macro Flower Saturday
Bluberry craft and hobby time

http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/p/join-my-photo-challenge-flowers-on.html
Costus spicatus, also known as Spiked Spiral flag Ginger or Indian Head Ginger. I took this photo in a friend's garden in Singapore.

Happy New Year to all, especially to all my friends in Singapore.

5 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

Ann - re your question about the crabs at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco - yes, crabs are in season right now and the wharf has lines of people buying them.

Maia said...

That's a lovely flower Ann.

Wishing you and yours a blessed and prosperous 2011.

Happy New Year!

I posted it as soon as I woke up, for some reason it works very slowly.
To your question; theoretically, winter holidays last till Epiphany, on January 6 but people should go to work on Monday (tomorrow).
Have a beautiful Sunday!

The JR said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

that's an interesting flower,
and say thatnk you for letting me know the name of the flower i used in my photo, you really know the names of the flowers!!!!

Happy New Year

Jason Adams said...

This is great, thank you so much for the share. Also, visit our website if you are looking for assistance with your nursing assignment:

Nursing Assignment Help