Monday, December 10, 2012

ABC Wednesday/Red: Vespa

Whenever I see an old fashion Vespa, I think of 3 guys who came to school riding a Vespa in my senior years. This July, my friend Joanne organised a mini reunion with some of our friends. It was awesome seeing 2 of the guys and the gals. Jason went to USA and came back but left to join the Police force. Nick went too UK and became a lawyer. What was most significant was we talked about the third and missing Vespa rider. I wrote about him. T was the youngest of the lot. He met with an accident and he died. I will always remember him, he took me to the then most posh hotel, The Aurora, and told me that the T-bone steak was the choicest cut of steak. I came back from Canada a few years later, someone told me he crashed his bike and died. I CRIED. His death affected me. I became the champion for the under dogs, for justice. Years later, when I became a mum, I was lucky to be a faculty wife, living among like minded women in the university in Singapore. We sort of adopted a neighbourhood school. The principal was very glad to have us. Our kids excelled in all aspects. http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/glass-and-memories.html http://rubytuesday2.blogspot.co.nz




5 comments:

Liz said...

Great find! That was a lovely story but I'm sorry to hear that the other guy died.

My entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (mot)

Roger Owen Green said...

Some events affect one forever. Sorry for the loss, but glad for its positive effect on your life.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Leslie: said...

I'd love to have a Vespa! Looks like such fun to ride.

Leslie
abcw team

Chubskulit Rose said...

What a sweet story Ann!

V is for..
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

ChrisJ said...

Sad story, but Vespa was a good 'V'