Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Trip to out West to Falls Restaurant.III

 When I was writing my B&B by the Sea at Herne Bay, I had this image in my mind.



Sally left me some brochures of the B&B, my eyes almost popped out. The building is a mansion, looking like the Alberton in Mt Albert. The brochure said,
‘Feel the warm sand,
Taste the sea salt,
Watch the sea gulls,
Smell the roses,
Stay for a few days,
Stay a long time,
Picturesque venue for a wedding.
Yours, ten minutes from the city.’
The B&B, Herne Bay.
“It took a long time for me to sink in.”
“The mansion had two stories, painted lime green with white wooden balustrades with pedestal and wooden veranda floor. There was the veranda all around the front and sides of the ground floor of the building. People could gather on the big porch and chat and just enjoy each other. In summer, people could have alfresco dining,” Ms Chan described.

So I went to check it out. The waitresses Mia and her friend were friendly and professional, Mia is Tongan and her friend is Samoan. Just like some characters in my book.

 The patrons enjoy the child friendly dining.

 I couldn't resist popping my book as a prop.

 Guess what, to my pleasant surprise, they have the same changing table in the nappy changing room.

Highlights info row image
09-835 0070

No comments: