Monday, May 3, 2010

Carve a Craved Water melon


Crave a carved water melon,
Carve a craved water melon,
Carve a craved water melon for a craved job in a craved country.

I was never good in tongue twisters.

I was watching a documentary on New Zealand's recruitment of Thai Chef. The chefs had to do a fruit and vegetable carving presentation. Once I was in Bangkok, and was staying at the Bangkok, Dusit Thani hotel. My girls and I were admiring the vegetables presented in such a beautiful way.

This photo was taken last Year during the Thai King Bhumibol Adulyade's birthday. There was a display of fruits and vegetables so beautiful that you feel sorry to ruin it by eating.

4 comments:

Ana said...

how interesting! The art of carving fruit and vegetable is so amazing.

Ann, I hope you don't mind me saying this but there is a big box with blue borders now blocking the view to your text and photos. When I first visit it was ok to read your post but now this box is on the way. I'm afraid to click on it in case it's a virus or something? Do you see it as well?

Maia T said...

It's very beautiful indeed, I would keep in just as a decoration if it were possible.

Reading the comment from above, I want to say that I visited your other blogs too, but there is a big pop-up from a game, so I had to leave the blog.

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for Ruby Tuesday.
I see we did think alike this week with watermelons. :-)

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

That is a beautiful melon, Ann! How cool that you actually got to see it in person. My photos were taken from the net.
X-Cassie
http://inamazinggraceland.blogspot.com