Sunday, April 27, 2014

Yellow basil seeds.



1/3 cup sugar into 2 cups water (use less sugar as per your taste preference), add 1 tablespoon honey and stir. Then add 4 teaspoons of sweet basil seed. Within 2-3 minutes the basil seeds expand and look very odd, a bit like tadpoles! We imagine this could be an interesting party drink. But it's also delicious--the seeds become soft with a consistency similar to eating watermelon. According to Thai tradition, this drink also helps a person lose weight. In Asian stores it's common to see cans of this drink.

http://importfood.com/recipes/basil_seed_drink.html 
This basil seed aka frog eggs drink had got me curious since I was in school. My sis Margaret came home after her sports training.Not too long ago, I found it is a Vietnamese shop. Then I saw it in the chendol stall in Changi airport.
Today, I asked the guy at the Vietnamese shop, and he showed me the seeds. Now I can have a million tadpoles.



http://mondaymellowyellows.blogspot.com.au/

  
Stay mellow with yellow!

 


No comments: