Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Be Natural Cereal









http://www.kiwimummyblogs.co.nz/

As part of the Kiwimummyblogs, I am invited to review products. I am given a sample to try out and I do not receive any financial returns. Here are some products that is part of a range which is free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.

As a believer of being healthy, I think this is a wonderful concept. I dug into the first pack, and ate them. It was the Pink Lady Apple and Flame Raisin. I like the apple and the raisin. It wasn't too sweet and just to my liking. It also has pink apples which makes it a pretty appearance. I also ate a bar of Berry and Nut & Fruit Be Natural Trail Bar. It was good.

However, as I read the fine print, I read on each of the 3 packs of cereal, "May contend peanut." That put me off completely, when you manufacture a product, you either know or you don't know, not "May be" as is a phrase commonly used by teenagers. I work in a school, and am very aware of peanut allergies. Besides, I am allergic to peanuts myself. I do hope the manufacturer will heed this.

With my own peanut allergy issues, I gave the rest of the boxes, Cashew, Almond, Hazelnut & Coconut, and 5 Whole Grain Flakes and the Be Natural Trail Bars to 4 persons. They enjoyed eating it. One ate it dry because he likes his cereal crunchy.

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We don't have this brand here, but we have others like it. We have this same labeling, but the label always explains "May contain small parts of nuts because this was made on machinery that makes nut products." So they don't put nuts in it, but some tiny particles may come off the machine. I cannot eat nuts, so have to watch carefully.