Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wisteria





Wisteria (also spelled Wistaria) is a genus of flowering plants in the pea family, Fabaceae, that includes ten species of woody climbing vines native to the eastern United States and to China, Korea, and Japan.

It must have been the book Shogan where I read that Wisteria came from Japan. They grow beautifully in New Zealand. Once, when a vine was barren, I asked my friend, why grow Wisteria when you can't eat the fruits. Then when the Wisteria bloomed, I understood why.

When ever I see Wisteria, I think of some of my friends who had lived in Japan. I think of L.

Today, I got news that L, a very good friend is in hospital undergoing an serious operation in an overseas country, I thought of her.

L is a beautiful person,
L has a beautiful heart.
L wore this beautiful Swing Cardie,
I commented how beautiful it looked.
L took me to this boutique.
L didn't speak the language of the sales assistants.
They asked me what was I to her,
when she bought me the top.
I told her, she is a very good friend,
They commented, good friends don't buy expensive clothing for another.
I must be very special to L.

Dear L,

I think of you.
Get well soon.

Ann

4 comments:

Giga said...

Wisteria jest pnączem w którym się zakochałam, jak go pierwszy raz zobaczyłam. Zwisające grona kwiatów są przepiękne. Dziękuję, że mi go mile przypomniałaś. Pozdrawiam

Wisteria is a climber in which I fell in love, like the first time I saw him. Hanging among the flowers are beautiful. Thank you for reminding me it mile. Yours

George said...

Wisteria is beautiful. When I lived in South Carolina it was very abundant along the waterways.

I hope your friend gets better soon.

To answer your question on my blog, people left Cades Cove when more fertile land became available further west.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Please let us know how she is doing, I hope she will heal and be well. The swing cardi is beautiful and would go anywhere! We have a wisteria tree out back that Phil made into a twisted tree, all from a tiny cutting. It is beautiful. See you on Thursday!

The JR said...

It's very invasive here in Mississippi.