Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ruby red/rednesday: Tractor




We went to the Waitakere Ranges walking tracks. The Hillary Trail. Parts of the terraine was steep and muddy. It's been last year, a whole year since I had been to such a difficult track. We joked it would be great to have a tractor to pull us. My 15 year old saved the day and became our tractor.

Waitakere Ranges Regional Park includes more than 16,000ha of native rainforest and coastline. Its 250km of walking and tramping tracks provide access to beaches, breathtaking vistas, spectacular rocky outcrops, streams, waterfalls and farms overlooking the wild west coast.

We had to go back to the information centre to get a map because all the tracks were a network, and we could get lost. A couple told us it takes 4 days to walk the whole track. We walked 2.5 kilometer.




http://rubytuesday2.blogspot.co.nz





http://www.suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Ensurai said...

This is so interesting...could be developed in Sarawak!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I've just returned from your other blog, and I was going to ask you there if you had actually been on that trail. Now I see that you have!!! How long were you on it? It must have been exhausting! Did you do the whole trail?

LV said...

I love to walk, but have let myself get out of the habit. This sounds like a interesting place to go for a stroll.

Dar said...

Oh my, I would need a GPS to find my way around., but a good trail map is so much more challenging. Thanks for taking me places through your guidance.
BlessYourHeart

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh how I love that red tractor. The walking trail looks lovely. Hubby and I really enjoy hiking. Darn, we no longer have children at home to pull us along like a tractor. lol! Some trails they would really be handy. Visiting from Rednesday.
Hugs,
Jann

Gemma Wiseman said...

This sounds like quite an adventure on the walking track! A map would be essential! And a bright and cute tractor!

The JR said...

That looks like a good place to walk.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I notice that tractors always have steering wheels in the center, no matter whether the country's drivers practise driving on the right or on the left!


Ruby Huichol Bead Work

Cheryl said...

A beautiful place to go for a hike. Love the tractor. Great photos.

Mona said...

for sure its fun to walk there, nice red tractor. Visiting via RT!