Sunday, December 16, 2012

Church with a heart, Mt Albert Baptist Church, Auckland


Since I came back from Singapore in 2006, we had been worshipping in Mt Albert Baptist Church. We had been "shopping" for a home church, and at this stop, Connie Ng came and invited us to join her Life Group. It was this "welcome" by her that we stayed. Before Christmas, the ladies come and wrap and deliver goodies. This year, I requested two love gifts for 2 special friends. They did not belong to the church. I felt it would really be great to send them a gift, and Pastor Jonathan Dove consented to my request. They were thrilled to bits when the parcels arranged. They conveyed their heart felt thanks for this surprise. Thank you Church. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php? fbid=512331692130747&set=a.359214430775808.87372.353424601354791&type=1&theater Our new series is all designed to help you prepare for the big day. I'm really eager to share God's Word with you this week. In the midst of my frantic rushing and worrying (yes, pastors go through that as well!), the passage has brought me to my knees in worship with a deep longing for Christmas like never before. We kick off our Christmas series this Sunday with 'The Invitation' (Luke 14:1-24). This week we have the kids helping us prepare for the big day, our Grey Warblers singing, and some special carolers too. Let others know what's happening. The 'invites' for everybody. See you at 9 and 11am.

1 comment:

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

That's great, Ann. It's important to be made to feel welcome.