Friday, May 24, 2013

Iban Hospitality: Food


We were welcomed by Awa and her friend.
Organiser John Benet welcomes us to the Longhouse.


 Using bamboo to cook rice in.


 jungle produce on the  menu.

Beautiful Awa,  and her mum.

Gawai falls on the 1st of June. This blog epitomizes Iban hospitality. I was guest to visit this Long house in Bintangnor. That day, guests had come all over the world to the reunion of Kai Chung School

Have a banana, HannahTry the salami, TommyGive with the gravy, DavyEverybody eats when they come to my house
Have a tomato, PlatoHere's cacciatore, DorieHave some baloney, TonyEverybody eats when they come to my house
I'll fix your favorite dishesHopin' this good food will fills yaStand in kitchen alone, work my fingers to the boneYou better eat if it kills ya
Pass me a pancake, MandrakeHave an hors-d'oeuvre-y, IrvyLook in the fendel, MendelEverybody eats when they come to my house
Mendel, Irvy, Mandrake, Tony, Dora, JohnyEverybody eats when they come to my house

http://youtu.be/3lgGItfKB0c

 CAB CALLOWAY - EVERYBODY EATS WHEN THEY COME TO MY HOUSE LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/everybody-eats-when-they-come-to-my-house-lyrics-cab-calloway.html#ixzz23Q9nryW3 
Copied from MetroLyrics.com 
h

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your two posts can make a documentary, well done.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.