Friday, January 10, 2014

Green papaya, green tea and gout




Someone once said, gout is a rich man's disease. If you eat too much meat, you may get gout. Gout is very painful at joints especially where the big toe joins the foot.

Gout is caused by the crystallization of uric acid between joints, tendons, and the surrounding tissues. This is usually due to the presence of excessive level of uric acid in the body.

My friend recommended this concoction: green papaya and green tea leaves.  I am going to be a "gout doctor." My aunt told me the nutrients come from the seed. So I brewed it with the seeds as well.

I forgot to take a photo of the brewed papaya tea.

Verdict? The patient says when I gave it to him, his gout wasn't hurting. ext time, I make sure that he is suffering before I brew it. By then, there may not be any green papayas.

No comments: