Monday, February 13, 2012

ruby red/rednesday: paddle surfing.







Five minutes from my house, at Raymond Reserve, the media reports that paddle surfing is the latest craze among the water sports.

Stand up paddle surfing (SUP), stand up paddle boarding, or in the Hawaiian language Hoe he'e nalu, is an emerging global sport with a Hawaiian heritage.

I see people sit or kneel. Beginners look painfully boring, but experts surf the waves and can be very thrilling.

The sport is an ancient form of surfing, and reemerged as a way for surfing instructors to manage their large groups of students, as standing on the board gave them a higher viewpoint. This increased visibility of what was going on around them such as incoming swell.

Coached by Pete Smith WNZ Master Instructor.http://www.aucklandwindsurfing.co.nz



http://rubytuesday2.blogspot.co.nz





http://www.suelovescherries.blogspot.com/ house, at raymond Park,

10 comments:

The JR said...

I imagine it's very good exercise.

anney said...

Looks fun! happy RT2!
Wilton Heart Candy Necklace Kit

Jama said...

More suitable for those afraid of the big waves,like me! lol

Kim, USA said...

If only I could swim. ^_^ Hey Ann, yes we went to Windsor and it was really cold we didn't stay very long. But we are going this weekend if the weather permits and would visit there this spring and summer I love it there ^_^

My Red Weekend

Chubskulit Rose said...

It's so cold over here so it's nice to see outdoor activities like that.

Tasty Red Happy Valentine's Day!

mommy Orkid Belle said...

That looks like something that would be fun to try and fun to watch. :) Too bad I don't know how to swim. You won't find me in the ocean anytime soon doing so. hehehhe.. visiting!

Hootin Anni said...

Looks like a lot of fun.

My link today is HEARTS & SHADOWS Do come by for a visit if you can find time. I'd love your company. Happy Valentine's Day!!

Liz said...

That looks fun!

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I saw some stand-up paddle surfers in Hawaii last summer. It was very exciting!

My Heart’s Desire

Jessica said...

that looks fun, the water looks refreshing :-) Visiting from Ruby Tuesday2, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/red-hearts-jelly.html