Saturday, February 18, 2012

scenic sunday/ sunday bridge: Western Springs




Auckland’s landscape is dotted with the cones of volcanoes that erupted comparatively recently in geological time, with the oldest (Auckland Domain) erupting 140,000–150,000 years ago. There are 48 volcanoes in the Auckland volcanic field, all within about 20 km of the city centre.

The city's roads have slopes, and sections have troughs. I learnt to drive in Borneo on flat land in a manual car. We I came to Auckland, I had to learn to stop and start at junctions which are on top of slopes. It took me a long time before I mastered this without having my car go backwards.

I saw this little bridge that joins a higher ground of a neighbouring property to the building in the valley at Western Springs.





http://bayphoto.blogspot.com/


http://scenicsunday.blogspot.chttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifom/

10 comments:

Giga said...

Musiałaś być wysoko, w pięknym miejscu i most cały widziałaś.Bardzo ładne zdjęcia. Pozdrawiam.*** You must have been high, in a beautiful place and saw the bridge. Very nice pictures. Yours.

eileeninmd said...

Ann, what a pretty place. I like driving my automatic. Lovely photo, have a great Sunday!

Andy said...

I can't believe the amount of undergrowth around the bridge. It's a jungle out there.

joo said...

Lovely photo Ann, and these blue flowers are terrific!
Have a great Sunday:)

My name is Riet said...

That is a lovely photo. Such nice surroundings by the bridge

Al said...

I love it, it's such a green area. I always like seeing bridges, big or small - sometimes I think I should have been a bridge designer.

VioletSky said...

I had no idea there were quite that many volcanoes in such a close area! Hills certainly make a landscape more interesting, though.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful place.

Regards and best wishes

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» had no idea Auckland had so much volcanic activity!

Ann, you are one of «Louis'» most faithful contributors to Sunday Bridges and he appreciates it very much.

The JR said...

Pretty view!