Monday, January 1, 2018

The Great Gatsby

Studied this book and had no idea what is it about.

I studied the Great Gatsby in Form 6 literature. I was discussing with a classmate how we both passed the exam, but we both had no idea what it was all about. Last month, when I was freezing in Guilin, I hurriedly bought this hat to keep my ears warm.

I wrote a chapter of my The Playgroup Club, and I remember the opulent costumes of the Great Gatsby. Two evenings ago, the movie was screened on our television. I was determined to watch it intently. I finished watching it and wonder why the book was used as a textbook in Malaysia.

Upon discussion with teachers who taught Engish literature, the book was taken off the recommended book list, it was a very hard book to understand and to teach.

No comments: