Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thursday Theme Song: The Coffee song




http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/

http://youtu.be/vVGXcjM9SOQ

Way down among Brazilians
Coffee beans grow by the billions
So they've got to find those extra cups to fill
They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil

You can't get cherry soda
'cause they've got to fill that quota
And the way things are I'll bet they never will
They've got a zillion tons of coffee in Brazil

No tea or tomato juice
You'll see no potato juice
'cause the planters down in Santos all say "No, no, no"

The politician's daughter
Was accused of drinkin' water
And was fined a great big fifty dollar bill
They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil

[instrumental break]
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank+sinatra/coffee+song+the_10121408.html ]
You date a girl and find out later
She smells just like a percolator
Her perfume was made right on the grill
Why, they could percolate the ocean in Brazil

And when their ham and eggs need savor
Coffee ketchup gives 'em flavor
Coffee pickles way outsell the dill
Why, they put coffee in the coffee in Brazil

No tea, no tomato juice
You'll see no potato juice
The planters down in Santos all say "No, no, no"<<<

So you'll add to the local color
Serving coffee with a cruller
Dunkin' doesn't take a lot of skill
They've got an awful lot of coffee
An awful lot of coffee
Man, they got a gang of coffee in Brazil!!

6 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I've not heard this song before, ever. So it was fun to see it along with all your coffee photos. [that very first photo looks like it's delicious--------if it were chocolate. LOL]

How have you been? Seems like a long time since I've visited with you. And you know, it's always a pleasant visit when I stop by!!! :o)

Lighthousegal said...

Lovely song, Sinatra was one of the greats. I had not heard this particular song, but enjoyed listening to it.

Your pictures are very yummy. I am not a coffee drinker, but that first picture looks so good that I might be tempted to give it a taste.

My Mind's Eye said...

I've never heard that song before. I'm a coffee drinker so it is quite appropriate for me. The cups of latte in the beginning look delicious...
Hugs Madi and Mom

Kay L. Davies said...

Wow, Ann, a Frank Sinatra song I've never heard before. Of course, it was recorded the year I was born, but my dad had me listening to music at a very young age!
Thanks for introducing me to this one. I'm definitely a coffeeholic, so I love the songs and your photos!

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ebie said...

The coffee looks so good, but I can only have a cup a day!

Thanks for the visit!

betchai said...

the cofee looks so good, wish i can have one.