Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Watery Wednesday



http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

In 1975 I left Sarawak for Canada. I also left a group of students I loved very much as these were my first batch of students.

Today, at facebook, an ex student posted.:Peter wrote: "Hello Mrs Anne Chin, we all called you Miss Chan in Form 2A back in 1975. You Dad was Divisional Education Officer at Sarikei. Still remembered our F. 2A basketball team? We lost to F 2D and I could never forget the disappointment on your face... we felt so sorry as we were supposed to win for F 2A, the favourite team to win at that time. Do drop by to see us if ever you come by Sibu. My handphone ______ Eng Hock is current a Science Teacher in Kai Chung. The rest are everywhere. Top student Wong Lea Kong opened 2 Pharmacies in Labuan. Handsome boy Albert Ngu King Khung is an Engineer cum Pastor in New York!"

I dug up my photos. Here was Ing Bing and Albert. I met them in an airport, I couldn't remember if it was the Singapore airport or the Kuching airport. The year was late 1986. My daughter D just turned 2. I couldn't remember if Ing Bing was already a medical doctor or was he a medical student. We chatted as old friends.

Here you are, Ing Bing and Albert, this post is for you.

6 comments:

Icy BC said...

Wow..you've kept such wonderful memories and photos.

The JR said...

that is one of the good things about facebook, you can reconnect

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good memories! We just had an earthquake, I was so scared and thought I was going to die! It sounded like a big train the everything shook so much, the whole earth!

Veronica said...

Great memories to treasure...

Veronica
www.mothercitymagic,blogspot.com

Carver said...

What a great story and photograph.

Maria @ LSS said...

Wonderful shots!

Mine's here.