Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Diary of a bereaved Mother



I was part of a documentary for the Baby Loss Awareness Week: Oct 9th to 15th. This was showed on National TV on Sunday.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sands-Auckland-Central/112396652171998

Some bereaved mothers and dads went to a park by the beach and released balloons.

Fellow Blogger Scriptor Senex commented on my Photos Site.

Thanks Scriptor Senex, I always feel empathy from fellow bereaved parents and those grandparents and those close friends.

You did a great job, how long ago did your son die? We never fully get over our loss, don't we. Though this year, I am philosophical about not having Andrew. I tell myself, he made me a writer because he died. Otherwise, I will just be a amateur writer.

Many husbands including mine belong to stiff upper lip group, the category that we should accept and move on. I wrote in my book how I wished he continued to attend the Sands meetings.

I go to the Sands meetings, and more women attend the meetings than men. Those men who attend, they are very good.The meetings are not just for their wives but for themselves too.

No comments: