Friday, April 10, 2015

pelargonium/geranium and the women of this world




This is one kind of pelargonium. It is a tall plant. Common name Pelargonium, geranium. 

I deliberately took these pix to emphasize the different stages of a flower.  Some idiot told me that a woman is like a flower. Beautiful and at it's peak when it is young, and old and ugly and useless when it is old.

I don't pick fights except with the water engineer.

 But on that occasion, I fought my biggest fight on behalf of all the sisters of this world. Sure, we all grow old and don't look as beautiful, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. As for usefulness, the beauty of the heart is more important.

 If I was arguing today, I would tell him that even in death, a flower will drop to the ground and form compost to provide food for the next generation. Also, the Bible says, unless a seed dies and falls to the ground, it is useless.

I am a great fan of Helen Clark. I was at university during the time when unifem was formed. Helen Clark was the Labour party leader of fifteen years, and the Prime Minister of New Zealand for nine. She has retired as the party leader, but she is by no means useless.

http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.co.nz/

1 comment:

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Yes, there is beauty everywhere, at every time and at every age. When we love something, or someone, we love it even if it breaks or when it ages. Old wine is the best wine...
Many thanks for participating in Floral Friday Fotos, I look forward to your contribution in this week's edition!