Friday, October 19, 2012

Flowers: Hibiscus schizopetalus





My mid year trip to Singapore and Malaysia was a leisurely one. Often I went by myself to take photos. Now I am armed with thousands of them which is going to last me till my next trip.

I saw this new flower, and my friend joked that the owner saw me with my camera and stuck two Hibiscus flowers together. The whole plant was full of flowers so he couldn't have done it. The common name is Pagoda. 

My friend LLM posted a better photo on his Facebook page. He called it double decker which is more appropriate. The pagoda has many tiers, besides there is another flower called Pagoda flower which I saw in the jungles of Mulu Mountain.



1 comment:

joy said...

Love this flower. In my home country, we call this gumamela. here in Norway, they call it " hawaii rosa. Have a nice week end.