Sunday, September 9, 2012

scenic/sunday bridge : Binatang




When Jenny Chew found me on Facebook, that was the best thing since slice bread.
I found so many friends that I would never see again for 38 years. I went to the Lay Peng Yew reunion, and that was fantastic, and I am maintaining our friends
hip.
There is, however, one incident I didn't manage to find.

These 3 boys
 offered to take me on a bicycle ride towards Sarikei after Rejang College junction. I was crazy enough to go with them. We must have rode 15 miles. I couldn't believe I could have ridden so far. I probably couldn't walk the next day.

I went to one of their homes. The mum couldn't believe a teacher would cycle with them to the San Ba, and went to play in the longkang.

When I came back, my Kai Dad, Ah Peng's dad said I was so stupid, because I went to the San Ba/ country when it was full of communists. (Jason Jason Chua) and I could easily have been shot. Besides, I didn't get the boy in their shop to check my bicycle. Luckily I didn't get a tyre puncture.

Mr Roddy Lau also scolded me.

I now make this public, I told Tionsan Tomas, and may be you all will be able to find these three boys.
  http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/ 

http://bayphoto.blogspot.com/



1 comment:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Jason Chua Those were the days when I used to investigate homicide cases involving civilians brutally killed by communist terrorists. Normally they would not harm innocent civilians but those whom they suspected as the "running dogs of the Government"