Friday, September 10, 2010

Fund raiser, selling cookies



I was most impressed with this primary school boy.

He knocked on my door,
"Will you buy a pack of cookies for $2.50? It is for my school and I have the change."
He was very confident.
I asked him to wait.
I came out not only with my money,
But with my camera.
He was quite perplexed when I wanted asked him to pretend he was coming to my house, and I only wanted to take his back.
I am most impressed with him.
I know some kids would not go door to door and will ask their parents to give them the money, or ask their parents to accompany them.

Ka Pai , Good Job and Paki Paki to this little boy whose name I didn't catch.

6 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

wow! good for him & so nice of you to acknowledge his hard work too!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Very cute, and your little story to go with it. A lot of kids do not know how to work in these times. I'm sure he didn't mind the pictures, as long as you bought the cookies!

Tammie Lee said...

yes he is a brave one. my son hated to do this door to door fund raising.

Cassie said...

This is such a cute post Ann! I lol and even read it to my husband. Aren't we a bit nutsy with our blog obcessions?! I was expecting you to say you bought the whole box. teehee.

SquirrelQueen said...

That is so cute, what a great idea for a photo. Selling things like the cookies is good for children. It teaches them responsibility.

The JR said...

LOL...us bloggers have to have our cameras ready at all times.