Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Macro flowers: stock flowers





These stock flowers are not native to New Zealand but were brought in from England, They have different pale colours and I like this most.

Matthiola (pronounced /ˌmæθiˈoʊlə/,[1] syn. Mathiola R.Br.), or stocks, is a genus of flowering plants named after Pietro Andrea Mattioli.

A cool season annual or perennial. Flowers are singles or doubles in a wide array of colors, very sweet smelling, and often used in bouquets of cut flowers.

My daughter came home for dinner after finishing her thesis and I gave her these flowers. She asked about the vase. I told her it was given to me by my friend T. Her daughter who lives in New York sends her flowers via inter flora. (Hint hint hint)

Yesterday, I did an interview with a young girl. She touched my heart when she told me her mum is her best friend and she had such great attributes for her mum.



I have joined this meme for a while now, and I am loving it. First I love flowers. Second, the badge for this meme is the North Borneo Orchid.

Join Macro Flowers Saturday, a photo meme for macro photos and close-ups of flowers, garden flowers, wildflowers, blossoms, flowers with insects and butterflies (no insects without flowers), flowers with raindrops and whatever beautiful plants, plant seeds or berries you have, in close-up.

First time visitors, please read the rules. They are simple but I do ask that you, please, use a MFS badge or link back to MFS in some way. Thank you.

Macro Flower Saturday

8 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

These shots are just so crisp and lovely. Very nice composition.

Maia T said...

Lovely flowers and photos.
My favorite is the second composition with the vase, you have some freesias too in that beautiful bouquet.
Have a great weekend!

Jama said...

pretty flowers!

Kelli said...

so crisp and clean aren't they

Evelyn S. said...

I can almost smell these wonderful flowers! I don't believe I've seen this particular color of stock flowers, but I love that greenish tinge at the edge of the white! Beautiful!

The JR said...

They are beautiful. Congrats to your daughter on finishing her thesis.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

I agree with you stock are lovely plants and their scent is wonderful. Its normally the pinkish ones I see here around May time. Your photos were lovely again this week.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

The Stock flower I had, after 5 days, my husband having complained about the pollen, lost his patience and told me to throw them away.

The next day, I looked at the flowers, and thought what a waste to throw the away. I gave them to my elderly neighbor.