Tuesday, September 14, 2010

RUBYRED:REDNESDAY Bugsy Malone





http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com

http://www.suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

Tonight I was taken back to my last year in High School when I was struggling in my English Literature textbook " The Great Gatsby" by Scott Fitzgerald.

My school Pt Chevalier Primary School puts on a production every year, alternating from a whole school of 660 to years 5 & 6 of 200. It is no easy feat, with so many children.

Bugsy Malone is a musical of the era of the Prohibition in the 1920s, of gangsters and fighting. It is interesting to watch ten and eleven year olds performing adult roles.

We produced four sold out shows and tickets were $10. The parents are very supportive of this performing arts in our school curriculum. I asked some parents how they felt about their kids spending so much time on rehearsals, and they all say, "it is good that the kids have all these experience."

I thoroughly enjoyed myself with the audience. The party poppers made it a celebration at the finale. Sorry I can't show you the production as filming is not allowed.

10 comments:

Marites said...

kids playing as adult gangsters? must be really fun to watch! :)

Auntie E said...

fire cracker time.. lovely views.
My Ruby Link for you

Linnea said...

Must have been fun! You're right...interesting to see kids acting out adult roles! Great shot of the confetti. Hope you enjoyed the show!

Don Wood said...

Bet you enjoyed it.
My blog Promote Thanet

Kim, USA said...

I love watching kids play adult roles it's cute! Happy Tuesday!
Red Tractor

Ginny Hartzler said...

How exciting and what a neat thing to do. This will give the students confidence!! Is Bugsy the one who never actually killed anyone? Johnny Depp made a movie recently about a gangster, and I think it's Bugsy.

The JR said...

Sounds like a great thing for the kids to participate in.

Neat!

NanE said...

Hi Ann, thanks for visiting my blog! I bought the vintage books at an antique store and I paid less than $20 for all three! Have a great weekend, Nan

Denise Marie said...

I think I had to do the Great Gatsby too. lol

The Psalm 94:19 kinda took me by suprise. I went over to 1 of my fav sources Biblegateway.com and typed in JOY to see what all came up and my eyes just fell onto that 1 more than the others and it felt right to show it on my post. :)

I think we all deal with Anxiety!

Unknown said...

This looks like lots of fun!

Thanks for visits. Take care & God bless.