Thursday, September 2, 2010

SPCA cupcake day,



On this day, 30 August, New Zealand celebrated her Cupcake day. People of all walks of life baked, and volunteers braved a chilly winter's morning, to set up the stands to sell the cakes throughout the country. This is SPCA's second annual Cupcake Day. All funds raised will go directly to local SPCA branches.

Someone brought a whole basket of cupcakes to sell in school.

I am glad cupckaes made a comeback. When I was young, mum made cup cakes. We all learned to make cup cakes. I love the yummy buttery cakes.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Now that is MY kind of day!! How many will you be eating? I love cupcakes, and there is a cupcake shop about an hour or so away that sells only cupcakes! Many different gourmet varities, and you can watch them being made in the back. These are going to such a good cause, as well!

The JR said...

That's a great cause and cupcakes are a perfect portion to be able to have a piece of cake!

Tammie Lee said...

that is a nice way to raise money. I love cupcakes too. yum

Anonymous said...

I adore cupcakes!