Sunday, September 19, 2010

Photohunt: Schools




http://tnchick.com/

A lot of talk has been centred on chimneys in New Zealand after our Earthquake, especially the old brick ones. Chimneys are essential in New Zealand. They provide heating and hot water. In many bigger institutions like schools, they have boiler rooms.

Last year, the furnace in a secondary school blew up and a technician died. In my school, the boiler is next to my room, and they tease me to be careful.

This is a very big boiler room for Mt Albert Grammar school. She has has a very big sports field. The school is famous for her sporting prowess.

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

That's probably the tallest, skinnest chimney I've ever seen.

agreenearth said...

My sisters live in Christchurch so have heard all about chimneys.

You asked about my spiderplant and yes the ends did go brown.

Reader Wil said...

I have never seen a chimney like that, only with tin mines in Cornwall and factories.

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

Oh!That's a slim one,looks like they will have to remove all those brick chimneys and depend on electric heating.

Carver said...

I've never seen a tall chimney like that except at industrial plants and they are wider. Interesting post and shots.

The JR said...

Hope that never happens at your school....

CherryPie said...

That is a very unusual chimney.