Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kale


I had posted this Indian kale before. This pix, I cropped it to show just the flower. At Christmas, I received an email with a power point of presentation of flowers. This flower made their last page.
I was very surprised as it was very rare, I found the original plant in the jungles near to NTU. I nutured it and grew many pots to present it especially to Indian friends.
It makes me wonder if that photo came from my original plants.


I used to think that Kale was a vegetable. I saw this in a florist, and bought it for my daughter G when she came home for dinner. The florist said it would last 2 weeks, but the outer petals started to droop after two days.


Thank you Maia.

I am joining this meme for the first time. First I love flowers. Second, the badge for this meme is the North Borneo Orchid. My Dad's favourite flower. It gives me warm fuzzy feeling every time I see this flower.

Join Macro Flowers Saturday, a photo meme for macro photos and close-ups of flowers, garden flowers, wildflowers, blossoms, flowers with insects and butterflies (no insects without flowers), flowers with raindrops and whatever beautiful plants, plant seeds or berries you have, in close-up.

First time visitors, please read the rules. They are simple but I do ask that you, please, use a MFS badge or link back to MFS in some way. Thank you.

Macro Flower Saturday

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This kale is so strange looking. The flower looks like a black leaf, almost like velvet, can you eat it? Have you? I would be almost afraid. Maybe you don't eat the black part, only the greenery? Your other plant looks just like what we have aroung here. They are called ornamental cabbages, and planted for their looks in people's yards. They look their best in the fall and are a cool weather plant. I have taken several pictures of them and will post them one day.

The JR said...

They are both beautiful. Neat that you were able to grow the 1st one and share with friends.