Friday, August 20, 2010

Sixty two years of wedding bliss



http://www.garden-nz.co.nz/plants-and-products/plant-of-the-week-directory/cyclamen.html

Last month, I wished my friend B. a happy birthday.
http://annsnowchin.blogspot.com/2010/07/happy-birthday-be.html
On August 21, B. and R. E will be celebrating their 62nd wedding anniversary. I only have one word for them, "WOW!!!!"

R. helps in the Mt Albert Baptist Church ESOL class, and this is where I met and got to know her. She knits baby jackets for the leprosy mission. As a volunteer, she had knitted 150 of those. 150???? Ka Pai good job R.

B. and R. do a lot of walking and they play tennis.

I am sending them by cyber a pot plant of white Cyclamen. It is a winter wonders for indoors. It has upswept and frilled petals and variably patterned leaves. I wanted a white, because it seems right to send a man white flowers. For you R., soft spring flowers.

You see a yellow cube on my messy desk. I didn't want to crop the photo because I want to show the cube. I use this cube for my ESOL students to play a game using which, why, what, when, where and how. R. would have seen this cube when she sometimes walk pass my class.

Thank you B. and R. for being such wonderful role models, and friend. Congratulations!

B. and R. are proud parents of John Edgar, a famous sculptor in New Zealand.

Macro Flower Saturday

9 comments:

The JR said...

Congrats to your friends! WOW again, 62 years. That is indeed fantastic.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Wow, 62 years of marriage! What a blessing. My parents made it to their 60th before my dad passed away. The flower photos you posted are lovely!

So nice stopping by to visit with you!
Kindly, ldh

Cezar and Léia said...

So delicate flower!
very interesting post and I'm enchanted by this blog, great work here!
Hugs and happy weekend
Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg

Ginny Hartzler said...

How thoughtful of you to send them flowers! Wow, 62 years, something so rare and beautiful! The yellow cube intrigues me, did you make it? I would like to see a separate post just about it!

Al said...

Very impressive, 62 years of happy marriage is a grace from the heavens! Perfect flower for a happy marriage. Cheers!

Roan said...

First, the buds are beautiful! Congratulations on those 62 years. That is a wow for sure! Also, you asked if Abraham Lincoln was the one who blogs. He is.

Maia T said...

Congratulations to this rare event, 62 years of marriage and probably, a happy life. Your flowers are perfect to this great day!

Lui said...

An inspiring gift for an inspiring couple who must be now in their 80s and still walking happily together?

This made me remember my late parents!

Jama said...

Wow! that a very long and blissful life for both of them.