Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sunday Bridges: Xena Park








http://bayphoto.blogspot.com/


Out in Henderson, in West Auckland, there are many foot bridges. This place is called Xena park. Do you remember Xena, warrior princess?

We used to watch all her TV shows. You see, Xena aka Lucy Lawless is from New Zealand, the show was filmed here, and her side kick is Gabrielle. My second daughter shares the same name.

Xena no longer roam here, civilization has taken over. Modern housing has replaced the walled villages and rural hamlets. Cars taken over carts. However, there are still feral geese and the Lake Panorama.

You can see the Ponga fern trees, native flax, the Toi Toi and cabbage tree. It is this lush green, mountainous landscape that attracts many American film makers to come to New Zealand. There is a small exercise playground for Xena.

11 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh my these photos are so lush and gorgeous. I also like bridges. Never watched Xena the show, but my son used to watch it. (Of course Lucy is soooo pretty, what young guy wouldn't like to watch her?!)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos of the park. No wonder your part of the world is popular with film makers! Oh yes, Lucy was very pretty.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is really making me smile! Because I do remember Xena! And I love the white geese! I would love to take a walk on that bridge. And the picture under the geese - that is a piece of playground equipment, then? Yikes, looks kind of dangerous.

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful Sunday images, thank you.

Cezar and Léia said...

It's a beautiful park with adorable vegetation, those cute critters and that beautiful bridge!Very interesting post!
hugs
Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg

joo said...

I love the bridge, it's so nice! But, my favourite photo is the one with geese:)
have a beautiful Sunday:)

Francisca said...

Fun visiting Xena Park through your lens, Anne.

[You bet I'll be in NZ soon... my niece there is pregnant, my sister and my bro'-in-law (parents) are going over in a couple of months, and I'd love to see the whole family there if not for xmas, soon after.]

Unknown said...

beautiful shots of bridges. i used to watch Xena on TV, too.:p NZ is definitely scenic with lots of natural beauty.

Kaori said...

I love the cute ducks! Great photos :D

The JR said...

Funny...the ducks look like they own the road.

Linnea said...

Love the name of that park. Parks with bridges are even better! Nice shots. Thanks for stopping by.