Friday, August 27, 2010

weekend bridges: Guangzhou, China



http://bayphoto.blogspot.com/

In the land of my roots, industrialization has a price. The haze covers the bridge and the rest of the city.

My great grand father left China for Borneo more than a hundred years ago.

The water engineer took this photo this year when he went to Guangzhou.

Some day, I will make my own trip, "daughter for the return home." and show you my own photos. I will be going to the country where you have to take a four hour rickety bus ride.

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a beautiful, foggy bridge picture! It reminds me a bit of London and London Bridge, where they always have pea soup fog.

joo said...

Wow Ann, this photo is a stunner!
Have a beautiful Sunday:)

Francisca said...

Okay, this one makes me laugh, Anne. That is Guangzhou all right. Like my photos on the Great Wall, this smog is part fog, part pollution. My honey grew up here and told me that long before the pollution, there was a natural clean fog in the region. Hong Kong suffers the same. Well, whatever it is, after 25 years on and off of putting up with it for work, I now want to stay clear of it as much as possible. But the haze in my bridge photo today - while probably the same - is more tolerable, and sure makes a pretty picture. :-)

Cezar and Léia said...

Bonjour dear Ann
This is a excellent photo,congratulations.There is some mystery atmosphere, it's so cool!
Happy Sunday
Léia

cieldequimper said...

I like it all in grey!

Elisa said...

I love it in the frog :)
Nice week end
Elisa, Argentina

Kaori said...

I actually like all the fog :D

The JR said...

I like the picture!

Rob said...

This fog adds a mysterious feel.