Saturday, October 23, 2010

Macro flowers: Cala lilies






I have joined this meme for a while now, and I am loving it. First I love flowers. Second, the badge for this meme is the North Borneo Orchid.

Join Macro Flowers Saturday, a photo meme for macro photos and close-ups of flowers, garden flowers, wildflowers, blossoms, flowers with insects and butterflies (no insects without flowers), flowers with raindrops and whatever beautiful plants, plant seeds or berries you have, in close-up.

First time visitors, please read the rules. They are simple but I do ask that you, please, use a MFS badge or link back to MFS in some way. Thank you.

Macro Flower Saturday
Cala lilies grow both in the garden and in the wild. I like them for their simplicity. They grew wild in my grand father's garden in Borneo. So when I came to live in New Zealand, seeing them reminded me of my childhood.

Addition: Thank you maiaT, Callas are still used in New Zealand, because it is such a loved flower, especially the white ones. They make a simple but very elegant and classic wedding bouquet.

When I was given the cala bouquet on Friday. They were long-stemmed and tied with pink organza ribbon. Some of the kids asked why I had the bouquet, I said I was getting married. LOL. They are not surprised because there are many TV wedding shows.

Here I was trying to get Sam to model for me, but he was a very reluctant bride.

13 comments:

Maia T said...

They are very elegant flowers by us. In older days, they were used in wedding bouquets.
Your photos are very beautiful.

Unknown said...

Your photos are gorgeous. I so love flowers!

Kramer said...

I adore the flower, reminds me of that Southwestern painter...

Mike B. said...

We have these in our garden- definitely NOT wild. And, sadly, they are gone now- we have to wait for spring.

Christine said...

beautiful! and i hope that the bud is part of the flower, happy sunday!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good pictures! Calla Lilies always give me a bit of the creeps. Maybe because we see them a lot at funerals. I have a post to do on them, but haven't got around to it yet. Gosh, I thought they needed a lot of pampering, maybe a greenhouse, they grow wild there!

Lui said...

A perfect arrangement for any room!

Joanne Olivieri said...

They are such beautiful, simple and clean flowers. They display a hint of elegance and make any bouquet or setting just gorgeous. Wonderful shots.

Jama said...

They are beautiful and elegance!

LifeRamblings said...

these are glorious blooms. they make a great centerpiece.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

These are gorgeous, and I didn't know they are beautiful to display in vases..

The JR said...

Lovely bouquet!

Anonymous said...

I just love peeking INSIDE of flowers. Doing so brings out unseen beauty that is hidden deep inside unseen by the naked eye.