Monday, October 4, 2010

ruby red tuesday/rednesday/red rope




http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com

http://www.suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

In June this year, we saw the official opening of Auckland's newest playground for children of all abilities, located in Pt Chevalier's Coyle Park.

The playground was designed to accommodate all children, and features unique equipment to easily allow a child and their caregiver to play together.

I can imagine the boy on top of this net mountain singing, " I am the king of the castle."

Coyle Park has an open environment covering nearly 5 hectares, fantastic harbour views and a coastal edge characterised by steep cliffs and rock shelf exposed at low tide. I work five minutes from here, and sometimes I spend my lunch time here.

There is significant mature coastal vegetation along the cliff top. Defined, well-structured access paths lead from the park to Pt Chevalier beach, along with a number of informal access paths down the cliffside.

Facilities: Barbecue, tables, playground, toilets. You get free gas to heat up your BBQ.

21 comments:

Gattina said...

That must be a lot of fun climbing in this !

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never seen anything like this! I wonder if we even have something like this here. Maybe it's a new design. Parts of it look like a giant spider web! But it would be fun exercise for kids and adults both!

Linnea said...

Makes me think about when I was young and agile! Nice park for the kids!

Auntie E said...

Looks like fun. I also can hear the King claiming authority.Critter would love this place!
My Ruby Tuesday link for you

Hootin Anni said...

Ouch....that looks like I'd hurt myself. LOL

Excellent photo Ann

Do stop by if you can find time and visit with me.

MY RT LINK

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Tangled in a rope,
Losing all our hope—
Wait! the rope is red!
Of this crimson thread
We shall weave a web
Ere the sun does ebb,
Web of hope and peace—
Ah, such sweet release!

Sandy Trefger said...

Now that's an interesting thing. I"m afraid I'd be all tangled up in it! Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Stephanie V said...

I remember something like this when I was a kid...never did get very high up the web.

The JR said...

Hey Ann,

Would have sent you an email, but your comments show up as no-reply.

The fish my husband catches are freshwater bass. They are not sushi quality fish. My mom never taught us any Japanese food, because we were all born in America. We ate southern food.

That's funny about the seaweed.

Ramona

lina@women's perspectives said...

Wow, what a great playground!

EG CameraGirl said...

That red rope looks like a challenge. :) I bet it's great exercise.

Lesa said...

Ours parks don't have this-- I'd probably break an arm or leg but I would be compelled to climb.

You are lucky to have a park to eat lunch in.

Simply Shelley said...

My grandchildren would love playing on that net mountain...I have never seen one before...thanks for sharing...blessings

genie said...

Thanks doe visiting my blog. Amy is a very special teacher...and works so hard. I love the playground...how mice it is to have it for ALL children. I agree parts do look like a spider. Great shots.
Genie

Art Mama said...

I love this. I think they have also built it to delight the inner children in us "grown ups".

Lola said...

Love all the Red rope - excellent challenge!

Happy Rednesday!

Lola & Nora:)
btw Your quick Rednesday link!

craftyles said...

Looks like fun, although I'd probably kill myself on that.

LV said...

A fun place for all the family to go. You had some very nice reds for today. I enjoyed visiting you.

Joanne Olivieri said...

How cool, that looks like so much fun and even something I would like to try.

Anonymous said...

I would be terrified to climb up there! Oh, my gosh what kids will do! My husband would climb it though! Neat post!

Unknown said...

What a great park! Looks like great fun. I would love to see New Zealand. Some say it looks a lot like Western Tennesse Valley in the Smokey Mountains.