Friday, October 29, 2010

Macro flowers/flower challenge:Petunias




I have joined this meme for a while now, and I am loving it. First I love flowers. Second, the badge for this meme is the North Borneo Orchid.

Join Macro Flowers Saturday, a photo meme for macro photos and close-ups of flowers, garden flowers, wildflowers, blossoms, flowers with insects and butterflies (no insects without flowers), flowers with raindrops and whatever beautiful plants, plant seeds or berries you have, in close-up.

First time visitors, please read the rules. They are simple but I do ask that you, please, use a MFS badge or link back to MFS in some way. Thank you.

Macro Flower Saturday
Bluberry craft and hobby time

http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/p/join-my-photo-challenge-flowers-on.html

Petunias are one of the most popular bedding flowers. They have wide trumpet shaped flowers and branching foliage that is hairy and somewhat sticky.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We love petunias! And this one looks just like the ones we were given last year in a hangiong basket, I love the color!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, We love petunias also.

I am happy that you enjoyed the song "Trust and Obey."

You asked about John. I posted an update just last night on the blog after his dr. visit.

Thanks so much for your prayers and I am praying for you and your friend.

Joanne Olivieri said...

I don't see petunias that often so this is a real treat. Beautifully composed and photographed. Thank you.

Sree said...

I have seen the flower before but now only i got the name , petunias

Kelli said...

just lovely. I like petunias as they are an easy way to add lots of colour to your garden

Macro Flowers said...

Petunias are lovely and so hardy.
They are still blooming by us too, despite the low temperature.

Maia T said...

What a lovely color and great macro, Ann.
I love the colorful Petunia beds too.

Unknown said...

Lovely colour!

Tezzie said...

Pretty :) Petunias are lovely...I usually have them in various planting pots on my front steps, along with Pansies.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting...you were asking if my Daisies were 'wild' ones; No, those are biannuals in my garden, but I've had them for so long that they've seeded themselves EVERYWHERE and I end up weeding so many of them out...so they do tend to get a little 'wild' ;D

NatureFootstep said...

you still have Petunias? I like their colors and shapes. :)

Erika B said...

I love petunias. We had light pink ones in front of the house this year and they grew really big and pretty. They are both strong and beautiful.

Erika B

4 Lettre Words said...

I grew up with petunias, but our house now just gets too much GA sun. So lovely!

And, to answer your question about my little pink rose. It's called a Knock Out Rose and does have fewer petals. They are very heat and drought tolerant, so perfect here.

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Beautiful flower. Hope you have a great week.