Friday, October 1, 2010

Macroflowers: Freesias






Freesia plants stem from bulbs, so they should be planted in at least groups of three in high-quality composted soil. Grow freesias directly in the ground or in containers.

Freesias grow in my garden and bloom in winter. The winter cold


I have joined this meme for a while now, and I am loving it. First I love flowers. Second, the badge for this meme is the North Borneo Orchid.

Join Macro Flowers Saturday, a photo meme for macro photos and close-ups of flowers, garden flowers, wildflowers, blossoms, flowers with insects and butterflies (no insects without flowers), flowers with raindrops and whatever beautiful plants, plant seeds or berries you have, in close-up.

First time visitors, please read the rules. They are simple but I do ask that you, please, use a MFS badge or link back to MFS in some way. Thank you.

Macro Flower Saturday and my spending too much time on the computer means a neglected garden. Despite these, the freesias still bloom.

14 comments:

Flower Town said...

Oh, wow they are so lovely. So dainty looking whites.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have heard of Freesias, but never seen any! These have unusual variegated white and yellow markings. Do they come in different colors, or just the white? I LOVE the way they are wanting to go beyond the fence!!

Evelyn S. said...

Beautiful!

Joanne Olivieri said...

I love the petals on these flowers and that pinch of light yellow. Very pretty photos.

Jama said...

So dainty and pretty!

Kim, USA said...

Looks very delicate and pretty! Happy weekend!
Macro Flowers

Roan said...

I love the way they are poking their heads through the fence. Gorgeous flowers!

Jan n Jer said...

This is my first time seeing a Freesia flower...They are gorgeous!

EG CameraGirl said...

Lucky YOU that they bloom in winter. :)

Mike B. said...

Carefree garden plants are the way to go!

Maia T said...

They are gorgeous Ann. It is so interesting for me to see them blooming in the garden. They don't live in our climate outdoors, so I can see them only as cut flowers.
Thanks for sharing your beauties on Macro Flowers Saturday!

Mylene said...

Lovely!


Visiting you back from Story Of A Woman

The JR said...

Very pretty!

Mylene said...

Lovely!